Contract type: Permanent
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing and evolving work environment? Are you excited by challenge and have demonstrated success getting all of the right things to the right place and people that ensure successful implementation? Are you savvy at determining logistic needs and gaps of diverse working teams and function areas? Have you been following and involved the latest in logistics and administration technology and able to apply them to achieve speed and efficiency? The top line definition of this role is to identify logistic and administration needs and gaps among the VIVA and In Their Hands (ITH) projects. Have you been successful at delivering innovative, effective, and efficient logistics and administration support? Are you successful at identifying problems and coming up with quick solutions? If this describes you and you are interested read on and consider applying to the Triggerise VIVA Logistics Officer position.
Triggerise is a growing non-profit social enterprise headquartered in The Netherlands, with offices in South Africa, Portugal, India, Ethiopia, and Kenya. Triggerise builds scalable digital solutions, using mobile technologies, to deliver resources to underserved communities where traditional aid fails to address the changing needs of fragile markets. Triggerise employs a digital marketing platform that connects consumers to local small businesses — giving them both the power to access and deliver aid on their own terms. Building on these relationships, we specialize in rewards-based platforms to motivate consumers to make positive choices — helping them to overcome individual barriers as they arise while adding value back into their economies. Triggerise is growing rapidly and expanding to new geographies and implementing new innovations each quarter.
The Triggerise Logistics Officer is:
- Committed to the Triggerise mission, vision, and theory of change that provides reproductive choices to young Kenyans.
- Savvy in the latest methodologies and technologies in coordinating cost-effective logistics and administrative tasks with speed and efficiency.
- A certificate or diploma holder from a relevant tertiary institution.
- Creative in problem-solving within a diverse team.
- Dedicated to data-driven decision making for improved evidence outcomes.
- Experienced in delivering successful solutions to logistic and administrative challenges. Has at least 5 years in a coordinating position that demonstrates creativity in troubleshooting logistic and administrative challenges in a diverse organisation.
- Able to demonstrate computer skills in Microsoft, word, excel, powerpoint, etc.
- Proficient in written and spoken Kiswahili and English
- Able to travel domestically
- Successful at just getting things done with speed and efficiency
Triggerise is a partner on the VIVA project that is being implemented in 3 counties (Nairobi, Mombasa, and Kisumu) in Kenya. Triggerise needs someone who can effectively coordinate the logistics and administration needs of the diverse VIVA interventions. The TLO is directly responsible for identifying and executing the logistics and administration needs of the VIVA project. Specifically, the TLO will:
- Ensures coordinated distribution of materials to the field (Tiko Cards).
- Ensure asset inventory is maintained.
- Proper coding of vendor invoices and verification contracts meet compliance standards, this includes; proper documentation, facilitates procurement of goods & services and manages any other logistics.
- Coordinate all VIVA travel and logistic needs both at head office and in the field.
- Organise logistics for donor field visits
- Organise and put in place all logistics and administrative needs to host meeting of VIVA stakeholders and partners.
- Provided administrative support to the VIVA Program Director and the Triggerise Risk Management Lead.
The TLO role is dedicated full time towards the responsibilities listed above and will be based in Nairobi. She/he will report directly to the VIVA Project Director. This is a contract position and will be assessed on the overall success of meeting the following KPIs that contribute to the success of the VIVA Project:
- Coordinating the logistics for the VIVA project implementation: timely delivery of materials, cost-efficient travel arrangements, proactive planning of stakeholder meeting.
- Compliance with funder policies: ensuring all administrative and policy documentation is correct and within deadlines.
- Proactive troubleshooting and placement of project materials with field teams: developing and implementing logistic plans coordinated with field teams.
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent), English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)