Are you an experienced Risk Manager, looking to join an NGO, where you will be a part of ensuring funder and regulatory compliance as well as much more, in order to ensure that our continues to have such a successful impact? Read on, as we are currently looking for a RML to join, and lead a part of our team!
YOUR NEXT WORKPLACE.
Working from our Nairobi office, the Risk team comprises around 8 others. You will work closely with others, as well as completing individual tasks. We are a dynamic, open minded team, where ideas and input are heard. Joining our office in Nairobi offers the chance to learn and grow alongside other like minded individuals, whilst progressing on a personal and professional level.
YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE AS RML.
You’ll be responsible for designing, testing, executing and verifying a Risk Management Strategy in order to diminish the risk on the use of resources as well as ensuring compliance (both regulatory and funder). You will be working closely with the Kenya County Lead, and will directly contribute to Triggerise strategic Risk management. Key tasks include (but are not limited to): Manage Risk Management Documentation, support partner risk management communications, support and build capacity of Triggerise team on prevention control implementation and develop & execute Risk Management strategies.
You are able to take a proactive preemptive risk approach, analysing spikes & trends on dashboards, report clearly and take appropriate action to mitigate any risks. You are a confident individual with managerial skills having, ideally, led a team of Risk Managers in the past. Have you worked with an NGO before? Great. Existing knowledge of how we operate is always a bonus!
YOU WILL NEED:
- At least 8 years of experience in a similar position.
- Able to carry out data driven analysis, and make informative decisions about the outcome.
- Able to work to multiple project deadlines, and manage to deliver timely, quality and accurate reports.
- The ability to communicate clearly with a diverse range of people, of various professional working levels.
- At least an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject (Accountancy, Audit or Risk Management.)
- Knowledgeable in developing controls that are proactive vs reactive.
- Proficient in written & spoken Kiswahili and English.
- Member of a recognised professional body (eg/ CPK, SIMA, ACCA etc).
OUR OFFER TO YOU.
In this position, you have the opportunity to really impact our organisation, and take on a lot of responsibility allowing you to gain a great insight into the business. This is a multi-functional role, where you will be able to utilise your existing skills & experiences, as well as gaining new knowledge and insights into Risk Management. In addition, we are offering a competitive salary, with awesome secondary benefits.
Click apply to submit your application! We are looking forward to hearing from you!