Triggerise is a fast growing non-profit social enterprise headquartered in The Netherlands, with offices in Portugal, India, Kenya and Ethiopia. Triggerise is a technology company: Triggerise builds platforms that motivate users – primarily young women and adolescent girls – to make positive choices. We use nudges like reminders, discounts, in person and digital follow-ups, and reward points to encourage our users to access and use health products and services via a community-based approach. We also support them in becoming entrepreneurs and adding value to their economies.
We are looking for an external and corporate communication specialist to join us during a period of significant growth as Corporate Communication Officer (CCO). This position will preferably be based in one of Triggerise main offices (Amsterdam Headquarters or Cape Town), with regular travels to the different Triggerise entities and will report directly to the CEO. Beyond traditional oversight of corporate branding communication activities, the Corporate Communication Officer will serve as a strategic thought partner to the leadership team and provide a strong support function for ensuring the implementation of the corporate communication plan 2020-2022. They will execute internal and external communication strategies and tactics that will strengthen the Triggerise brand, broaden awareness of its programmes, projects and priorities, and increase the knowledge of the impact of its work across key stakeholder audiences, primarily donors, investors, implementing partners and potential candidates.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the design of the overall Corporate Communication Plan 2020-2022 in partnership with a pre-selected external communication agency:
- Overall branding strategy and protection of the Triggerise brand
- Media relations strategy that promotes protects and builds on Triggerise reputation and ensures alignment with Triggerise strategies and priorities
- Social media and other digital communication strategy
- Oversee the execution of the corporate communication strategy and tactics aimed at:
- Creating a positive media profile and positioning
- Promoting our work externally and internally through the use of audio, visual and other content approaches as most appropriate.
- Building and sustaining online communities.
- Advocating on behalf of the company brand with external stakeholders and the media across all communications channels and vehicles.
- Mitigating reputational risks
- Develop and manage the corporate communication budget
- Lead on the sourcing and development of case studies, that can be used to support media, fundraising and campaigns work.
- Work with third parties ( e.g. photographers, designers, PR companies and film production companies) develop and deliver creative content as part of external communications strategies.
- Oversee global and localised processes related to content generation, visual communications and messaging
- Perform social media community management duties.
- Manage and Publish content on company website and blogs.
- Manage Triggerise presence at events, conferences, and speaking engagements.
What we look for in a candidate:
- You should be a fully qualified communication professional with 5 year + experience in the social enterprise or tech sector.
- You have held a similar role within a similar size organisation (80+ collaborators, global company)
- You are savvy in all communication channels and passionate about the use of technology to create positive impact
- You have experience with managing external communication agencies and partners
- You have successfully managed online engagement campaigns with stakeholder and targeted public
- You are creative and have excellent interpersonal communication skills, including writing skills in English
- Your experience is global and you thrive in an international environment
- You are committed to the mission, vision of Triggerise and passionate about health impact in emerging countries
- You have a deep and broad understanding of corporate communication trends
- You understand what it means to work in a fast-growing organization that is innovative
- You are self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision
- You can thrive in our entrepreneurial culture – you can demonstrate integrity, innovation, agility, can do attitude, collaboration, and accountability
If you are interested, please send in your CV and optionally a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org