Triggerise is a growing non-profit headquartered in The Netherlands, with offices in South Africa, Portugal, India, and Kenya that aims to disrupt the traditional humanitarian aid sector by introducing digital innovation to the market. Triggerise uses scalable mobile technologies to deliver life-improving resources to underserved communities where traditional aid fails. Triggerise connects consumers to local small businesses—giving them both the power to access and deliver aid on their own terms. Building on these relationships, we specialize in rewards-based platforms to motivate consumers to make positive choices—helping them to overcome individual barriers as they arise while adding value back into their economies.
Triggerise is looking for someone bright & enthusiastic, with a healthy interest in modern software technology, to join one of our development teams as a back-end developer. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that follows Scrum practices to deliver the best possible products to our markets.
Your responsibilities within this team and as a back-end developer at Triggerise would be maintaining and developing features in our platform – Movercado.
What requirements should you have?
- Experience with Scala, Ruby or both;
- Experience with Object Oriented and Functional Programming;
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies;
- Experience with Relational Databases technologies;
- Experience with RESTFul APIs;
- Experience with Git versioning system;
- Knowledge of Software Design Patterns and good practices;
- Good teamwork and communication skills;
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving;
- Fluency in English;
- Knowledge of Git versioning system is a plus;
- Knowledge of continuous integration technologies is a plus;
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructures is a plus;
- Knowledge of orchestration tools for DevOps is a plus (SaltStack).
What would be even better?
- To be of adventurous spirits;
- To be open to explore, travel and interact with people from all over the world;
- To be loud and big-mouthed at times when you have a strong opinion about something;
- To feel confident enough to proactively grasp problems/challenges/opportunities when you encounter them;
- To be critical about what we do and how we do it;
- To have a healthy drive to improve Triggerise as best as you can;
- To have ambition to help your team grow and to grow personally.
Our tech team is currently based out of Porto, Portugal. But we are expanding rapidly so as long as you are skilled at what you do, honest and responsible individual who can work independently, we would love to hear from you no matter where you currently live.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary among other nice perks like:
- Flexible and encouraged growth options (seniority, additional team(s), role, etc);
- Annual conference/workshop to pick and attend;
- Not a limited set of holidays, if you can make it work with your team you’re good to go;
- Opportunities to travel (and not only to the most straightforward places!);
- An environment to help shape as we grow, to leave your mark on how we do things;
- A contemporary working environment where we trust in people taking their responsibilities over policies, protocols and management structures.
If you are interested, please send in your CV and optionally a cover letter to: email@example.com